Let Premier Home Inspections help prepare you for the home inspection process by following these ten tips to speed up your home inspection. Your home inspection will go smoother with fewer concerns to delay closing. A pre-sale home inspection is also important to understand the condition of your home before you list it. Checking these areas listed below will save you time and money.
1. Confirm that that the water, electrical and gas services are turned on (including pilot lights).
2. Make sure your pets won’t hinder your home inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from the premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
3. Replace burned-out light bulbs to avoid a “light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
4. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
5. Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.
6. Remove stored items, debris and wood from the foundation. These may be cited as “conducive conditions” for termites.
7. Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electrical service panels, the water heater, attic and crawlspace.
8. Unlock any locked areas that your home inspector must access, such as the attic door or hatch, the electrical service panel, the door to the basement, and any exterior gates.
9. Trim tree limbs so that they’re at least 10 feet away from the roof. Trim any shrubs that are too close to the house and can hides pests or hold moisture against the exterior.
10. Repair or replace any broken or missing items, such as doorknobs, locks or latches, windowpanes or screens, gutters or downspouts, or chimney caps.
Let John Richter with JPR Home Inspections LLC at www.premier-home-inspections.com give you peace of mind you deserve to make the right choice for your family’s future.
Tips for New Homeowners: https://www.houselogic.com/sell/preparing-your-home-to-sell/5-tips-prepare-your-home-sale/